NRF’s Retail’s Big Show is by far the biggest retail conference in the world – and the upcoming NRF 2020 will no doubt live up to its hype. It is literally the who’s who of the retail world – so if you have a stake in the retail game, you’ll be there.
As a part of NRF Retail Week, which runs from January 9 – 16 in New York, NRF Retail’s Big Show will take place at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center and will be centred on vision – visionary ideas, visionary talent and visionary tech.
“Vision isn’t something you have, it’s something you do,” the NRF explains on its website. “A course of action. A plan of attack. A way of working that not only predicts the future, but creates it – one day at a time.”
What will take place at NRF 2020?
Big speakers from big brands: This year’s event will feature a range of over 400 speakers from CEOs of companies like Mastercard and Walmart, through to tech and product experts from the likes of lululemon athletica and Reebok
Innovative ideas: As well as hearing insights from hundreds of different speakers, you’ll also have the opportunity to come together and plot a vision for where retail is headed and share out of the box ideas
Cutting-edge tech: More than 800 tech experts will be showcasing their latest tech products
Networking opportunities: Over 38,000 retailers throughout the retail world will be attending – so get ready to network
Fun times: In parallel with NRF Retail Week there will be plenty of parties and partner events, store tours and workshops to be a part of.
Speakers to see at NRF’s Retail’s Big Show
We’ve pulled together some of our favourites from the lengthy line-up list who we’re looking forward to hearing from:
- Nordstrom’s Co-President, Erik Nordstrom, who will be talking about serving customers on their terms – Tuesday Jan 14 – 8:30 – 9:15 AM
- Kohl’s Chief Executive Officer, Michelle Gass, who will be championing innovative thinking and bold initiatives at Kohl’s, as well as transforming company culture to embrace new ideas – Sunday Jan 12 9:45 – 10:15 AM
- Walmart U.S. CEO, John Furner and MIT professor Zeynep Ton, who will discuss why retail jobs can be good jobs – Sunday Jan 12 – 9:15 – 9:45 AM
- Starbucks’ President and CEO, Kevin Johnson, who will be speaking about nurturing humanity in modern-day retail – Monday Jan 13 – 8:30 – 9:15 AM
- PwC’s Chief Purpose Officer, Shannon Schuyler, talking about visionary voices of ambition, purpose and inclusion – Monday Jan 9:15 – 9:45 AM
Key themes of NRF 2020 Vision
For those of you who didn’t make it to last year’s event, the key themes that emerged were frictionless retail, diversity and inclusion in retail and effective leadership.
NRF have outlined some of the key topics that will make up NRF 2020 Vision:
- Visionary talent
- Visionary models
- Visionary experiences
- Visionary process
- Visionary purpose
- Visionary partnerships.
But as we know, new topics will undoubtedly emerge over the course of the week as people start sharing ideas and strategies. We’ve pulled together some of the key themes we think will emerge.
We’re really looking forward to attending the big event in New York at the start of next year and can’t wait to see you all there.