SOME FESTIVE RETAIL INSIGHTS
Despite doom and gloom reports of store closures in the news over the last year. The physical retail sector is still flourishing. NRF report that in 2017 2.7 stores opened for every 1 store that closed. Office for National Statistics report that 78% of sales are still made offline
The continued confidence in the power of physical retail presence is demonstrated by the fact that even online pure-play retailers and manufacturers are beginning to develop physical stores.
- Online retailers: Amazon acquired Whole Foods and are building their own grocery stores, Missguided build their first physical stores,
- Manufacturers: Samsung are increasingly building their global store presence with Samsung experience stores, Phillip Morris are building their first stores for their IQOS e-cigarette devices.
However, these growing new stores are different in format. As the future of retail takes shape, retailers are increasingly turning their stores into and hubs for customer experience and service. Just like the Antarctica Experience Store…
PRESENTING THE ANTARCTICA EXPERIENCE STORE
“With Christmas upcoming, the penguins march upon the Antarctica Store,
There to purchase, experience, learn, receive service and much much more…”
The Qudini Customer Experience Software suite is used across the Antarctica Experience Store to improve customer experience. Here’s how:
- Appointment Bookings enable the penguin to pre-book appointments with an advisor to book their holidays to escape the snow and cold in the new year.
- Queue Management enables the penguins to digitally queue for the slide and receive updates when their turn arises
- Event Bookings enables the penguins to register for events for product demonstrations and tutorials, such as the one they are attending on fishing with the latest fishing rods
- Request Assistance enables the penguin in the fitting room to call for help when he needs a new size or colour, or happens to get tangled in scarves
- Our Business Intelligence platform enables the store team to analyse the latest insights on their christmas footfall and activities
- And our upcoming new solution to be announced in January is also featured, here’s a clue:
Whether you have penguins or people needing fantastic experiences within your store, get in touch to learn more: