Heated tobacco retailer, IQOS, has created a customer journey that is both safe and engaging using Qudini’s appointment booking system and queue management system.
For those who aren’t in the know, IQOS provides a range of heated tobacco and vaping alternatives to smoking – and for those who’ve heard of the brand before, you’ll probably know them as one of the biggest game-changers in the vaping world.
IQOS, which is part of Philip Morris Group, has stores in 49 different countries, and in order to aid in the reopening of stores, the brand has launched a number of social distancing initiatives, including limiting the number of customers allowed in its stores, introducing floor markings that encouraging customers to stand 2m apart, making hand sanitiser and gloves readily available for store associates and customers, and ensuring all stores are regularly deep cleaned.
And another brilliant initiative the retailer has rolled out is offering customers the opportunity to book appointments for one-to-one service using Qudini’s appointment scheduling software.
How IQOS’s appointment booking customer journey works
- Customers can book an appointment online with an in-store advisor.
- They select an available time that suits them and are asked to fill out their personal details.
- The customer receives an email and SMS confirmation message alongside reminder messages to keep them engaged. It will also display in their calendar.
- When the customer arrives in-store, they are greeted by the store host who checks them in for their appointment.
How IQOS’s virtual queuing customer journey works
As IQOS are limiting the number of customers allowed in-store at once, walk-in customers may have to wait to enter stores. To stop consumers from having to queue outside stores, some IQOS stores are using Qudini’s virtual queuing system.
- The customer arrives at store and enters the queue via text message, a QR code or through a member of staff.
- Once entered into the queue, the customer receives a queue position and an estimated wait time. They are also sent a weblink which allows them to view their position and wait-time in real-time.
- Customers receive an SMS and email alerting them that it is time to return to the store.
How this benefits IQOS customers
- Safe: customers can limit their time in store by receiving service on arrival.
- Efficient: instead of waiting for the next available store associate, or waiting in a queue to enter the store, customers with appointments can be served almost instantly while those in a virtual queue can return when an advisor is available.
- Engaging: customers are kept updated with regular notifications via email and SMS reminding them of their visit.
As well as creating a great customer experience, there are also a number of other perks IQOS benefit from, such as:
- Driving traffic in-store: allowing customers to book appointments is a great way to drive traffic in-store.
- Highly engaged customers: customers that bother to make an appointment or join a queue for an in-store service are already interested in your brand and products, meaning customer conversion rates are often higher than normal.
- Greater shop floor efficiency: store associates have greater visibility of their upcoming appointments and receive notifications and reminders, too, meaning they have time to prepare and plan.