Mountain sports retailer, Ellis Brigham, has rolled out a new appointment scheduling system in its stores to support social distancing measures.
Ellis Brigham is a mountain sports retailer well-known throughout the UK for its skiing, snowboarding, mountaineering, hiking and climbing equipment, and after several months of lockdown, the majority of its 24 stores have reopened to the public.
The family owned business, which has been in operation since 1933, has implemented a number of social distancing measures in its stores to keep consumers and employees safe, such as limiting the number of customers allowed inside stores, positioning customer service hosts at store entrances, and implementing one-way floor marking systems.
And another brilliant initiative the retailer has rolled out is offering customers free appointments for one-to-one advice. Using Qudini’s appointment scheduling software, customers can book an appointment with an in-store consultant for footwear fittings, backpack fittings, camping advice and clothing, and general equipment advice.
Ellis Brigham’s appointment booking customer journey
1) Customers arrive at Ellis Brigham’s dedicated in-store appointments page
2) Customers select which service they would like to discuss
3) Customers can view available time-slots and select which one suits them
4) Customers are asked to enter their personal details
5) Customers are kept updated and engaged
Once booked, customers receive an email confirmation (and SMS text) and then a further reminder an hour before their appointment time.
The customer arrives at the store at the scheduled time and speaks to a customer service host who helps check the customer in and their expert is notified.
Why Ellis Brigham’s appointment booking service is superior
By deploying Qudini’s appointment booking system on the shop floor, Ellis Brigham is creating a service that is:
- Safe: customers can limit their time in store by receiving service on arrival.
- Efficient: instead of waiting for the next available store associate, or waiting in a queue to enter the store, customers can be served almost instantly.
- Engaging: customers are kept updated with regular notifications via email and SMS reminding them of their appointment.
As well as creating a great customer experience, there are also a number of other perks Ellis Brigham benefit from, such as:
- Driving traffic in-store: allowing customers to book appointments is a great way to drive traffic in-store.
- Highly engaged customers: customers that bother to make an appointment for an in-store service are already interested in your brand and products, meaning customer conversion rates are often higher than normal.
- Greater shop floor efficiency: store associates have greater visibility of their upcoming appointments and receive notifications and reminders, too, meaning they have time to prepare and plan.