This year, we asked 2,000 consumers about their poor experiences within retail by asking the following questions:
- In the last year, how many times have you had a poor in-store experience
- Which factors contributed to your bad experience?
- When faced with a bad store experience in the past year, what mediums have you used to complain, it any?
As displayed in the infographic:
- 35% of customers had a poor experience in the last year
- Men are more likely to report a poor experience than women
- Millennial and GenZ customer are the most demanding of demographics, reporting the highest instances of poor store experiences
- Londoners report the highest instances of poor store experience
- Long waiting times is the top complaint, followed by: Rude and unhelpful staff, unavailable store and unavailable staff
- 88% of customer will complain via some channel in the event of a poor store experience
- As many customers will use social media to complain, as those who do not complain at all!
- Men and women have different complaints and preference different channels to complain
Download our whitepaper: To further understand these insights, why they matter to retailers and what you can do about them.