Enabling US-based Optical Retailer to:
Reduce walkouts, so more customers receive optical support and buy glasses.
Increase customer loyalty, due to premium service and no waiting.
Improve store productivity and resource allocation, due to better processes and business insight.
Qudini works with one of North America’s largest eyewear retail brands, who operate optical retail stores across the USA.
Our client had footfall coming into their optical retail stores for eyewear advice and eye tests, which could take up to 30 minutes per customer. As a result, new customers would often need to wait for service and decide to walk out of the store. Our client managed these customers on a first-come-first-served basis using clipboards and pens. They also pre-booked customers in for service using a paper appointment diary and posted a basic booking form online. However, these manual processes took up staff time and undermined their professional outlook, leading to a less than optimal customer experience and reduced customer loyalty.
In a bid to position themselves as the leading optical retailer in North America, our client installed the Qudini Queue Management system and Appointment Scheduling software. They selected Qudini as a flexible and service-oriented software provider with a highly scalable and adaptable tool that could support their stores across the USA.
The walk-in customer journey with Qudini Queue Management:
• Walk-in customers wanting to see an optician are added to a digital queue.
• If the customer entered their mobile number, they receive an SMS message with a link to a website to watch their place.
• The customer can relax and enjoy their wait by browsing the eyewear or heading out of the store for a coffee.
• When their turn arises, they receive an SMS asking them to meet the host.
• The host introduces the customer to the optician when it is their turn.
• If at the end of their optician’s service they want to speak to an advisor, the customer is added into the queue for eyewear dispense. This frees them to browse the store until an eyewear advisor comes to find them.
The upcoming appointment customer journey with Qudini Appointment Scheduling software:
• Customers can book follow-up appointments with an optician or eyewear advisor either online or in-store.
• A confirmation SMS and email confirms the customer’s booking.
• A reminder SMS and email are sent the day before the appointment.
• When the customer arrives in-store, the host checks them in and introduces them to the right advisor.
The Qudini Shop Floor Management features enable the optical retailer’s store teams to manage their customers, alongside their staff and shop floor activities using Qudini on their desktop devices. The Qudini app allows greater visibility and communication, which is particularly essential in stores operating across two floors. Staff members taking their breaks can speak to the shop floor manager who can record their break and manage when they are due to return.
The improved waiting experience encourages more customers to wait for service and eyewear advice.
The seamless transfer of customers from opticians services to eyewear advice helps the retailer convert more customers to purchasing glasses.
Being able to book appointments online has driven more customers in-store for opticians services and eyewear purchases.
For the first time, the brand can now easily convert customers engaging with their marketing materials online to in-store footfall by placing a booking weblink within their campaign material.
Younger millennial and GenZ demographics are less patient than previous demographics and 250% more likely to complain about poor store experience. Providing a more premium digital service experience helps the brand build a strong millennial and GenZ customer base.
The improved customer experience has encouraged more customers to return to the store more frequently and relay positive feedback to their friends. This has driven future revenues for the business beyond the customer’s initial visit.
Qudini enables the store team to serve more customers and spend more time on important shop floor activities, by reducing the time spent managing customers and crowding within the store.
Qudini enables the optical retailer to better understand footfall patterns and store operations. As such, the retailer is able to allocate the right people to the right place at the right time.
Enter your details to download our brochure for more information on Qudini, our solutions and the benefits of working with us.
A member of our team will be in touch.
To get in touch with our team email firstname.lastname@example.org
Simply complete the form below and the right team will be in touch to discuss your query. We look forward to getting the ball rolling!