Enabling Telecoms Retail to:
Increase sales, with 51% more customers entering the store and walk-outs reduced by 56%.
Improve store productivity, due to better management of staff time and breaks.
Reap the rewards of more than 3,900% ROI.
Qudini works with a leading international telecoms retailer who operates a network of stores where customers can purchase mobile devices and network plans across a range of network providers.
Supporting customers with all their mobile device and network needs means that customer service within our client’s telecoms stores can take time. Consequently, customers walking into the telco retailer’s stores within peak periods are often required to wait for service.
Previously, customers requiring service would wait in a physical queue in the order that they entered the store, but this led to a number of problems:
• The lack of expectation management caused frustration and led a proportion of customers to walk out without service, adversely impacting sales.
• Customers who waited could not engage with the store staff and sometimes waited in the wrong queue for the service they required.
• The queue was visible from outside the store, discouraging new customers from entering and leading to further lost sales opportunities.
The telecoms retailer began using the Qudini Host App and Queue Management system in order to manage walk-in customers entering their stores. They selected Qudini due to our diverse experience within the telco sector and the ease of deploying our scalable out-of-box software, alongside our flexibility and energy as a supplier. The Qudini software has enabled them to increase sales by not only encouraging more customers to enter their stores, but also by reducing customer walk-outs with a more seamless waiting experience. In addition, the software has driven a more productive shop floor through better shop floor management.
The walk-in customer journey with the Qudini Queue Management system:
• A walk-in customer joins a digital queue from a tablet kiosk near the door.
• The kiosk confirms their queue position and estimated wait time, before printing a ticket.
• During busy periods staff members can act as a host, using the Qudini host app to greet customers.
• Ticket numbers appear on a TV display that calls customers forward when it is their turn.
• The customer can relax and peruse the store’s displays until they are called.
• If the customer entered their mobile number, they receive an SMS message with a weblink to watch their place.An SMS updates them as their turn draws near.
• The store staff are able to manage their customers, staff and shop floor activities using Qudini on their Windows devices.
Using the Qudini Shop Floor Management features, the store staff are able to manage their customers, staff and shop floor activities using Qudini from the central shop floor manager’s tablet and on their individual desktops. In addition, staff members taking breaks speak to the shop floor manager, who then records their break on the app and can manage when they are due to return.
Previously, the physical queue was visible to customers outside the store and this deterred many from entering. Now that customers queue digitally, they are dispersed around the store or waiting in an inconspicuous waiting area. As a result, 51% more customers are inclined to enter the store and are added to the digital queue.
Before Qudini, customers had to queue with no information about wait times leading many to walk out of the store without service. Now, thanks to Qudini’s digital system and accurate wait time estimates, walk-outs have reduced 56%. The additional conversion opportunity of these customers enables the telecoms retailer to make a 3,900% ROI on the cost of the Qudini software.
With Qudini, the speed and process of serving customers has vastly improved, positively impacting staff morale (less stress) and productivity, further reducing waiting times and enhancing customer experience.
Using Qudini’s shop floor management features, the shop floor manager can better coordinate their colleagues’ activities and use of time. This helps to create a more organised and efficient team that maximises sales.
The shop floor manager can easily record when a colleague takes their break and track when they are due back. This has ensured that colleagues return from their breaks on time, bolstering efficiency and increasing the amount of time they have to sell to customers.
Customer satisfaction has improved thanks to the enhanced store experience, encouraging more customers to use the telecoms retailer’s online store and give positive feedback to their friends an family.
Wait time is the primary cause of complaints within retail. By eliminating queuing, the telecoms retailer has created a competitive edge over other brands.
Staff are more efficient and the head office can use Qudini data analytics to understand footfall patterns, allowing them to better plan resources at appropriate times of the day.
Enter your details to download our brochure for more information on Qudini, our solutions and the benefits of working with us.
A member of our team will be in touch.
To get in touch with our team email firstname.lastname@example.org
Simply complete the form below and the right team will be in touch to discuss your query. We look forward to getting the ball rolling!