Enabling Stylist Live to:
See more beauty bar customers, with 1,200 people served during a three day event.
Improve beauty bar efficiency, now that customers can wait remotely.
Improve brand image, thanks to the high-tech digital waiting experience.
Shortlist Media is one of the fastest growing media businesses in the UK. The company is a pioneer of the ‘freemium’ publishing model, providing high-quality, premium content to affluent consumers free of charge. Stylist is a free weekly magazine for women. It hosts a large-scale annual event at London’s Olympia, known as Stylist Live. For three days, consumers and industry professionals attend interviews, receive beauty services, eat food and view fashion exclusives.
The Stylist Live annual event promised a new VIP beauty services bar. Customers would be able to walk-up and receive a beauty treatment, such as a makeover or nail bar session.
With most treatments taking an average of 10-20 minutes, Stylist Live needed to find a way to manage customer waiting times, so that visitors could browse the show until their allotted time was called.
The Stylist Live event team used the Qudini Queue Management system to manage customers and ensure a premium VIP waiting experience.
• Customers arrived at the beauty bar seeking a service.
• A staff member with a tablet device added them to a digital queue.
• Customers could also enter their own details from a touchscreen kiosk at the front of the beauty bar.
• The customer would then receive an SMS message to confirm their queue position and estimated wait time.
• Customers could relax and enjoy their wait in the VIP beauty service waiting area or browse the Stylist Live event.
• They could even watch their queue position countdown from the weblink on their smartphone.
• When their turn approached, the customer received a text message to let them know.
• A team member at the beauty bar front desk checked-in customers on a tablet as they returned.
• They also used the digital screen by the reception desk to see the queue of waiting customers and explain the process to new visitors on arrival.
• Using the Qudini Shop Floor Management features, the beauty bar team could manage their own time, breaks and activities.
1,200 visitors were added to the beauty bar digital queue over the three day event. With Qudini, more customers requested service, fewer walked away without service, wait times were less than previous years and the stand was more efficient. As a result, Stylist Live were able to provide beauty services to more customers.
Because customers were not standing in a queue, they were free to enjoy other areas of the event and make purchases.
The lack of a physical queue reduced pressure on staff. This freed up their time to focus on customer beauty services.
As the stand was more efficient, Stylist Live managed to support the same amount of customers with fewer team members than in previous years.
The high-tech digital experience enabled Stylist Live to project a stronger brand image to the thousands of customers they saw over the weekend. This improves customer perception of the Stylist Live event and the chance of making future sales with these customers and their friends.
Enter your details to download our brochure for more information on Qudini, our solutions and the benefits of working with us.
A member of our team will be in touch.
To get in touch with our team email email@example.com
Simply complete the form below and the right team will be in touch to discuss your query. We look forward to getting the ball rolling!