London Metropolitan University, commonly known as London Met, is a public research university in London, England. The University of North London and London Guildhall University merged in 2002 to create the university.
As part of a drive to improve the student experience across the university, London Met deployed Qudini’s software to enhance its Student Hub and enrolment services at the start of the academic year.
“Qudini hugely reduces the waiting times for students and allows us to provide a better and more efficient service for them.”
Jonathan Dempsey, London Metropolitan University
“We have seen a great reduction in the number of missed appointments and feedback from students has been overwhelmingly positive.”
Holly Bowskill, London Metropolitan University
As part of a drive to offer an amazing student experience, London Metropolitan University created Student Hubs to act as the ‘First Stop Shop’ for students with enquiries about their studies, welfare or time at the university.
These hubs also provide a wealth of other support services, including Student Services, Finance, Support Services and Academic Administration Services.
Offering such a range of services meant they were constantly busy. London Metropolitan University needed a solution to reduce queues and minimise waiting time.
London Metropolitan University installed Qudini’s Queue Management System and Appointment Booking software to manage students requiring hub services. Finding the software using the government’s G-Cloud Digital Marketplace, they selected Qudini due to our software’s flexibility and ease of out-of-box deployment on commercially available hardware.
Walk-in student journey:
• Students walk into the hub for the next available service and join a digital queue from a kiosk.
• Once added to the queue, the student receives a text message providing an estimated wait time and their queue position. The SMS even encourages them to visit the student café whilst they wait.
• Students are able to watch their queue position from the Qudini Queue Information Tracker.
• They then receive a text as their turn for service draws near.
• The queue is also displayed on a TV screen, helping students to monitor their position.
The Appointment Booking Customer Journey:
• Students are able to access a London Met-branded online appointment booking interface.
• Here they can select a desired service, choose a time, and then enter their details to confirm the appointment.
• Once booked, the student receives confirmation and a reminder SMS message with a Google calendar link.
• To reduce appointment no-shows, students can reschedule bookings from the email.
Using the Qudini Shop Floor Management features, the hub staff are able to manage students, alongside their staff shifts, breaks, tasks and floor activities.
Whilst students waited, they visited the student café and made purchases.
Qudini improved access to the student hub services and ensured staff could support more students, creating a better student experience at the university.
The staff in the Student Hub find the Qudini platform easy to use. It helps them to build better relationships with happier students and get more done.
The reduced complaints and crowding within the Student Hub has enabled it to become more efficient, helping it serve and support more customers each day.
Qudini’s data insights have enabled London Met to better understand student needs and ensure it allocates resources appropriately.
A member of our team will be in touch.
Our new best practice guide explains how Appointment Booking Landing pages will drive traffic to your in-store and virtual appointment services.
Our recent consumer survey report shows how the pandemic has changed consumer shopping habits and which habits will be here to stay…
Our Upcoming Webinar will present consumer insights on how the pandemic has changed consumer shopping habits. Sign-up below for Tuesday October 12th (2pm ET | 11am PT).