Enabling Lenovo to:
See more customers, due to greater customer retention and trade stand efficiency.
Improve stand efficiency, now that customers can wait remotely.
Improve brand image, thanks to the high-tech digital waiting experience.
Lenovo is a Chinese multinational technology company. It designs, develops, manufactures and sells personal computers, tablet computers, smartphones, workstations, servers, electronic storage devices, IT management software and smart televisions.
The IFA consumer electronics trade show in Berlin coincided with the launch of Lenovo’s latest smartphone and augmented reality (AR) product. As a result, the company expected significant traffic to its stand. Customers would be able to view and demo the latest Lenovo devices and talk to a Lenovo representative. Lenovo was concerned that this would cause queues and overcrowding, so wanted to find a technology solution to support its stand experience.
Lenovo worked with Qudini’s Virtual Queue Management system to improve the event experience.
• During IFA, visitors wishing to experience the Lenovo stand could join a digital queue from a touchscreen kiosk or via a host positioned at the stand entrance.
• The visitor would then receive a text message to confirm their queue position and estimated wait time.
• Visitors were then able to relax and explore the rest of IFA whilst they waited.
• Customers could even watch their queue position countdown from the weblink on their smartphone.
• When it was almost their turn, the customer received a text message to let them know.
• Staff on the Lenovo stand were able to use Qudini on the latest Motorola smartphone. Using these devices, staff could see the queue of waiting customers and mark which customer they were serving.
• Using the Qudini Shop Floor Management features, the stand team could also see and manage their own time, breaks and activities.
3,000 visitors were added to the digital queue over the two day show. With Qudini, fewer customers would walk away without service, wait times were less than previous years and the stand was more efficient, allowing Lenovo to provide brand experiences to more customers.
With customers waiting remotely, the stand did not become overcrowded. This reduced pressure on the staff who were able to sell to more customers and undertake more tasks on the stand as a result.
The high-tech digital experience enabled Lenovo to project a stronger brand image to the thousands of customers they saw over the weekend. This improves customer perception of the Lenovo brand and increases the chance of making future sales with these customers and their friends.
As the stand was more efficient, Lenovo managed to support the same amount of customers with fewer team members than in previous years.
Qudini’s software gave Lenovo the opportunity to sign-up customers to brand communications as they joined the queue. This data capture would not have been possible if customers waited in a physical queue.
Enter your details to download our brochure for more information on Qudini, our solutions and the benefits of working with us.
A member of our team will be in touch.
To get in touch with our team email firstname.lastname@example.org
Simply complete the form below and the right team will be in touch to discuss your query. We look forward to getting the ball rolling!