Searching far and wide to find the best enterprise Appointment Scheduling software? If you’re looking for a Scheduling App to enhance your customer offering, you’re in the right place.
Read on for a comprehensive list of the top JRNI alternatives and to find out about their features, use cases and integrations.
What is JRNI?
JRNI is an Appointment Scheduling App that enables your business to book events, classes and courses. Originally designed to support small businesses, JRNI now works for many business types across many different sectors.
JRNI’s software comes with several features including the capability to book in-store and video appointments and a portal to cancel, reschedule or view previous appointments. JRNI also has pre-existing integrations with Kronos, Twilio and Yext.
What is BookingBug?
BookingBug is the former name of Scheduling Software company JRNI.
Who owns JRNI?
On the 13th of January this year, JRNI was acquired by Akmazo Capital.
Akmazo Capital is an investment firm which aims to create B2B SaaS systems.
As of 2019, John Federman is the CEO of JRNI.
Top 8 JRNI alternatives
Here’s a roundup of the key JRNI alternative Appointment Scheduling Software systems:
|Retail & Banking Sector Specific|
|360 Retail Choreography Suite (e.g., Click and Collect, Queuing, Events and other solutions)|
|In-Store and Virtual Appointments|
|ISO 27001 Accredited|
|Offers VPC Hosting Options for Enterprise|
|WCAG 2 Accessibility Compliant Customer Interfaces|
|Flexible settings that HQ can Fully Control|
|Rich Data Capabilities with Option to Create Custom Dashboards|
|Staff Interface on Any Desktop Browser and IOS or Android Device|
|Customer Check-in Kiosk on IOS & Android|
|TV Display App that Works on Any Screen|
Take a look in more detail at the following top JRNI alternatives to discover JRNI competitors that are worth your time. We’ve organized them depending on how relevant they are to enterprise retailers and banks.
Qudini is an easy-to-use, flexible yet powerful Booking platform designed purely for enterprise retail and banking. They’re the market-leaders in enterprise appointment booking, powering international brands from Nike, Samsung and O2 to NatWest and University of Nottingham.
- Full solution suite: Alongside their in-store and video Appointment App, there are many other available Qudini software solutions including Virtual Queue Management, Event Booking, Clienteling, Click and Collect and Task Management. On top, they also have a complementary Data Analytics tools which you can use to learn more about your customers. You can use a stand-alone solution or integrate them to benefit from an all-in-one centralized Customer Management platform.
- Hardware agnostic: While Qudini develops cloud-based software, it remains compatible with all hardware devices. Your store teams can access Qudini from your kiosks, TV displays, their smartphones, desktop and every desktop browser. They even have apps for IOS and Android.
- Integrations: You can sync your Qudini software with CRMs like Bloomreach and Salesforce, Video Conferencing tools like Zoom and GoInstore, and Calendars tools from Google, Apple and more. To learn more about Qudini APIs, visit their integrations page.
- Customization: You can seamlessly customize your Qudini interfaces and embed their booking widget into your website to match your brand aesthetic. Furthermore, Qudini’s new booking widget and web kiosk are both fully compliant with WCAG 2 guidelines.
- Clients: Burberry, Pandora, Samsung, Meijer, IQOS, Citibank, NatWest, Standard Chartered, Benefit Cosmetics, Currys, Sky, Tesco and many more.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software provider Salesforce has also developed an Appointment Scheduling System for their existing CRM users.
- CRM integration: You can connect your Salesforce scheduling and CRM solutions to sync data and get more out of your software.
- Chatbot: Salesforce also has Einstein Bot, a chatbot that can help customers to schedule, view, reschedule or cancel bookings.
- Eligibility: To qualify for Salesforce Scheduler, you need to have an existing Salesforce CRM subscription.
- Clients: The Chapar, Kuoni and Jobsite.
Clientela is another popular JRNI alternative Scheduling Software. Primarily a Clienteling software, Clientela helps midsize luxury businesses to build long-lasting relationships with customers.
- Features: Clientela offers integrations with CRMs and Video Conferencing systems. They also have features for Event Management, virtual services, and data capture.
- Browser versatility: While Clientela doesn’t have staff apps for IOS or Android, it is possible for your store team to use their scheduling tool on any browser.
- Clients: Mazmara, Bally and Topshop.
Acquiring Reflexis in 2020, Zebra Technologies is a mobile computing organization. They also manufacture marking and computer printing technologies alongside their latest venture into the Scheduling Software market.
- Event booking capability: Along with in-store appointment scheduling, Zebra also enables your customers to register for events.
- Accessibility: As retail becomes more accessible, it’s more important than ever to uphold WCAG 2 accessibility standards across your website. Zebra’s booking software meets these WCAG 2 standards, so you can be sure your booking widget is inclusive.
- Clients: Vera Badley, Havan and Forza.
Originally named TimeTrade, EngageWare is a single-solution appointment scheduling specialized software. Generally, they support clients across the financial sector among other industries.
- Kiosks: EngageWare has a self-service kiosk app which enables IOS users to check-in via their smartphones.
- Virtual services: Engageware also offers an alternative to Live Shop–video appointments. Customers can make virtual bookings to receive support remotely.
- Clients: Cambridge Trust, Del-One and Logix.
Working primarily with small and medium businesses (SMEs), Appointedd is a time-saving Calendar Booking App and a worthy JRNI competitor.
- Main features: Consumers can schedule appointments using many different methods through Appointedd or make virtual bookings and receive email reminders.
- Data collection: Appointed’s simple yet effective Business Intelligence tool allows you to capture some more data about your appointment customers.
- Clients: Fuze Ceremonies and Mamas & Papas.
Start-up Scheduling Software Calendly is a strong alternative to JRNI if you’re looking to manage your personal calendar. They also work with companies to automate internal meeting scheduling.
- Integrations: Calendly has integrations with Hubspot and Salesforce’s CRM tools. They also have an integration capability with Microsoft and one or two other third-party calendars.
- Clients: Compass, Vonage and Dropbox.
Squarespace company Acuity Scheduling works with SMEs to create a better retail appointment scheduling experience.
- Reminders: Acuity’s clients can send automated email booking confirmations and reminders to customers to ensure they arrive on time.
- Customization: Acuity also enables you to customize your booking widget in line with your brand guidelines.
- Clients: Focus21, Avocode and Yummly.
When it comes to choosing an Appointment Booking service, you’re spoiled for choice. Make sure to think about what features you need and to research each provider to find the best JRNI alternative.
If you’d like to learn more about Qudini’s award-winning Scheduling App, contact us using the form below to arrange a demo or receive more information.