Imagine a world without confirmation messages. No green ticks on cash machines to show that your payment went through at your favorite restaurant. No double-checking with friends or family when you’re expected over for dinner. You can’t even ask for RSVPs for a product launch party–you just have to hope and pray you’re catering for the right number of people.
Sounds awful, right?
A lack of confirmation is anxiety-inducing for your prospective customers as well. It may seem like a relatively small thing to forget, but in a world of instant feedback, a missing confirmation message can hurt your customer experience. As a result, you’ll see more no-shows and less returning customers.
Getting your confirmation messages right is a whole other matter in itself. You need to include key appointment details and personalize the message, all while making sure your brand voice comes across.
Keep reading to find out what makes a great appointment confirmation email and find some free templates to use.
Below, we’ll discuss:
- What is an appointment confirmation email?
- How to write an appointment confirmation email
- Best practices for appointment confirmation emails
- What should you say when confirming an appointment?
- How to confirm an appointment
What is an appointment confirmation email?
An appointment confirmation email is a short email businesses send to clients after they’ve made a booking to let them know that their appointment is confirmed. It typically includes key information like the time, date and venue address.
However, there’s an art to curating appointment confirmation emails. It’s about striking the right balance between simplicity and personalization to encourage customers to engage.
How to write an appointment confirmation email
At a minimum, an appointment confirmation text or email should include:
- Which product or service the customer has selected
- When the appointment is taking place (date and time)
- The address for physical locations or a meeting link for virtual appointments
- Payment amount (if applicable)
Let’s take a look at the three pillars of appointment confirmation: design, content and delivery.
Keep your appointment confirmation email and text layout simple.
Some major no-nos are CTA’s that are difficult to click and illegible text and background color combinations.
However, there’s nothing wrong with incorporating your brand aesthetic, logo and slogan to give the consumer a better sense of what you stand for.
Just as with your appointment email design, the content itself needs to be clear, concise and easy to understand for consumers of all reading levels. Try to keep your messaging in line with the 8th grade reading level—that means no sesquipedalian words (long words–irony fully intended). Consumers shouldn’t have to Google anything to understand your message.
You may want to include some simple images to show the customer what they’ve booked or even a link to let them confirm the appointment. That said, don’t treat this as a marketing opportunity by filling your email with product advertisements. The customer just wants all the information pertaining to their booking in one place.
How you send your message is as equally important as the design and content. You should consider these three factors:
- Time: Confirm appointments as soon as possible. There’s no reason to delay mail–quicker messages see better engagement.
- Frequency: To reduce the no-show rate, you need to send a few appointment reminder messages to your customers. Alongside the first confirmation message, you may want to send a reminder one or two weeks before the appointment if it’s booked a long time in advance. You should also send a reminder email the day before the appointment.
- Spam: You need to make sure you know your email provider’s spam guidelines inside and out. Otherwise, your messages may be flagged as spam and never reach the intended recipient.
Best practices for appointment confirmation emails
Here’s our top tips for writing the perfect appointment confirmation email:
- Use your customer’s name: McKinsey recently found that brands can increase their revenue by 10-15% by personalizing the customer experience. One of the easiest ways to make each customer feel seen is by using their first name in all communications.
- Make your subject line clear: For instance, this subject line makes it instantly obvious what the email is about: “Confirm Your Upcoming Dentist Appointment”. By including keywords like “dentist” and “appointment”, the customer will be able to find the email without trouble should they need to return to it.
- Include an add-to-calendar button: When customers can add their appointment directly into their personal calendar, they’re significantly more likely to come to their appointment.
- Share your contact information: Stay reachable by adding your store contact details such as a venue phone number and customer support email to your messages.
- Give customers an option to confirm, cancel or reschedule: Put a link into your appointment confirmation texts and emails that allows customers to confirm, cancel or change their appointment. This is another key step if you want to reduce no-shows.
What should you say when confirming an appointment?
Here are some appointment confirmation sample scripts you can use for inspiration:
Appointment confirmation email template
Subject line : Your [brand name] Appointment Is Confirmed
Hi [Customer Name],
Thanks for making your booking at [brand name].
Your booking details are as follows:
Date: [insert day/month/year
Time: [insert time[
Duration: [insert duration]
You will see: [insert store associate name]
To discuss: [insert product or service requested]
Venue: [insert address]
To confirm, cancel or reschedule your appointment, visit: [insert link]
When it comes to writing the perfect confirmation email, that’s really all there is to it. Remember, it’s about getting the information across as simply as possible–customers aren’t expecting a Shakespearean sonnet. Less is more.
Appointment confirmation email example
Here’s an appointment confirmation email example for a mockup jewelry brand:
This option is great because customers can add the appointment directly into their calendar. The copy is also clean and straightforward.
Appointment confirmation text message sample template
Be mindful of keeping your appointment confirmation text messages short and sweet. Unlike with emails, a standard SMS message mustn’t exceed 160 characters.
Your [type of appointment] is confirmed for [time], [day of week / month / year], at
Please click here to reschedule or cancel: [insert link]
Appointment confirmation text examples
Here’s how this confirmation text will look to the end-user:
How to confirm an appointment
To get an appointment confirmed, simply configure your confirmation message settings in our Online Appointment Booking System. Our intelligent software will automatically send your customers a confirmed appointment text, email or both.
How to respond to a confirmation text
Sending confirmation texts to let the customer know you’ve received their confirmation of appointment aren’t absolutely necessary, but they are a nice touch. As you’ve already given all the key information, it’s best to keep your appointment confirmation response short and sweet.
Here are some easy confirmation text messages to consider:
- “Thank you for taking the time to confirm your booking with us. We look forward to seeing you on [day/month/year of appointment] at [time].
- “Thanks for confirming.”
- “Your [type of appointment] booking is confirmed. Thank you. [Brand name].
Send Automated Appointment Confirmations With Qudini
With Qudini, automated confirmations are time and cost-effective. Your team won’t need to answer calls to take appointments. In fact, they won’t even have to send any emails. With our personalized email templates, your team won’t have to worry about scheduling bookings so they can get on with the jobs that matter.
To learn more about how our Appointment Booking Software works, request a demo using the form below. We’d love to show you why enterprise brands around the world choose our auto confirmation appointment services.